Driver Dead After CHP Chase in Highway 101 - Adamson Ahdoot LLP

California Legal Blog

Driver Dead After CHP Chase in Highway 101

December 4, 2020 Alan Ahdoot

On Sunday, November 8th, a vehicle under pursuit by California Highway Patrol for DUI suspicion ended fatally killing the driver. The incident happened at about 1:00 a.m. on Highway 101, near Gilroy and San Jose. The officers suspected the driver, who was later identified as a 21-year-old man named Jose Prieto Vasquez, to have been driving while intoxicated due to his erratic driving patterns. Vasquez was driving a 2002 Ford Mustang during the incident. Although the officers tried to stop Vasquez, he accelerated instead, which started a chase from Leavesley Road to Coyote Creek Golf Drive. While trying to evade the authorities, Vasquez ended up crashing the side of a passing vehicle, a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck. The impact of the crash caused the Mustang to roll over. Vasquez was pronounced dead at the scene.

What Can You Do If You Were Involved in A Traffic Incident Due to A Police Chase?

Police chases tend to cause fatalities or injuries to civilians, and if you’re one of their victims, then you should know that you have the right to pursue legal action. Usually, you can file a claim against the local, state, or federal government who employed the officers who were at fault. However, filing a claim against a government agency is a bit more complex than those directed against other defendants. To know more about what you need to be prepared for when starting the claim against a government agency for a police chase, call us today at (800) 310-1606 for a free legal consultation.

Source: East Bay Times

Client-First Approach

Above all else, our clients come first. We go above and beyond to obtain the highest level of compensation possible.

Meet Our Attorneys

Multi-Focus Law Firm

Adamson Ahdoot has successfully executed a plethora of personal injury cases.

Cases We Handle

Get in touch with our firm

Our team can better advise you on your legal options once we receive any available evidence about the incident.

Take Action Now