Daniel Stefanic describes himself as “the kid that always wanted to be an attorney.” He read legal opinions from an early age and seemingly confirmed his life’s work when his Geometry teacher told him he’d make a fine lawyer at the age of 14.
From that moment forward, he claims, “it was my goal in life to be an attorney and help people.”
The barriers he faced in becoming one, however, fueled his drive to succeed. These challenges also gave Daniel a unique understanding of the difficulties many individuals encounter when navigating the complex legal system.
“I always wanted to be a kind of public servant or a servant to people who needed assistance with the legal system. I wanted to help those going through the toughest times in their lives and didn’t know how to defend themselves or pursue their legal remedies,” Daniel shared.
To prepare himself for a career in law, he obtained degrees in General Science and Humanities from Santa Monica College. He then attended the University of California, Irvine, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Political Science and received honors.
He received his Juris Doctorate in 2019 from the University of California Law, San Francisco (Formerly UC Hastings) and joined the California Bar the same year. During his time as a legal extern to the Honorable Jon B. Streeter, Daniel contributed to the preparation of four published opinions.
Before joining the Adamson Ahdoot attorney team, Daniel worked at the Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office for three-and-a-half years where he was rapidly promoted to the position of Felony Trial Attorney. While there, he resolved thousands of cases in his clients’ best interest. During his time as a public defender, he also demonstrated his willingness to fight for the most favorable outcomes for clients by trying a dozen cases to verdict. He is a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA).
When not trying to help others, Daniel is an avid skier, snowboarder, mountain biker, surfer, golfer, and enjoys playing tennis.
AT ADAMSON AHDOOT SINCE:
- October 2023
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Magna Cum Laude, University of California, Irvine
- Cali Awards – Advanced Legal Research and Writing, UC Law San Francisco (Formerly UC Hastings)
- Cali Awards – Business Associations, UC Law San Francisco (Formerly UC Hastings)
- Siegel, Yee, Brunner & Mehta – Legal Intern – Oakland, Ca
- Office of the Public Defender – Legal Extern – Marin County, Ca
- Office of the Public Defender – Legal Extern – Los Angeles, Ca
- California Court of Appeals – Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jon B. Streeter – San Francisco, CA
- Office of the Public Defender – Legal Extern (Post Bar) – Los Angeles, Ca