Seal Beach Police Officer Injured in Hit-and-Run Incident

California Legal Blog

Seal Beach Police Officer Injured in Hit-and-Run Incident

October 15, 2020 Alan Ahdoot

On October 10th, 2020, a traffic incident was reported to have taken place on Pacific Coast Highway. California Highway Patrol and Huntington Beach Police Department are the authorities at the scene. They received information that a Seal Beach police officer was hailing another vehicle to pull over when he was suddenly struck by a Ford F-150 that was heading south on Pacific Coast Highway. The Ford driver also lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a wall.

The driver, who was recently identified as a 30-year-old male named Kenneth Jacob Lopez, ran away from the scene, leaving his vehicle behind. The officer suffered from moderate injuries due to the incident. Lopez was apprehended shortly afterward by authorities and is currently jailed for driving under the influence of alcohol and hit-and-run.

Can You File A Claim Against A Civilian as a Law Enforcement Official?

Although generally, all of your medical bills should be covered by your employer’s insurance provider – which in this case is the law enforcement agency you are working for – you should know that you can take legal action against an at-fault driver if you were injured during a car accident while patrolling. However, you will be filing this claim as a civilian as well. This means that you must undergo the same process as other civilians do when filing a personal injury claim. We can provide the necessary assistance you need to pursue this legal action. You can call us at (800) 310-1606 for a free initial consultation regarding your case.

Source: My News LA

Client-First Approach

Above all else, our clients come first. We go above and beyond to obtain the highest level of compensation possible.

Meet Our Attorneys

Multi-Focus Law Firm

Adamson Ahdoot has successfully executed a plethora of personal injury cases.

Cases We Handle

Get in touch with our firm

Our team can better advise you on your legal options once we receive any available evidence about the incident.

Take Action Now