Los Angeles Interstate 5 Accident Injury Lawyers
At Adamson Ahdoot, LLP, we are your local hometown Los Angeles personal injury boutique law firm. We know that you have many choices in the lawyer you pick to represent you, and we strive to get the very highest compensation for our clients, while providing the highest level of customer service.
Located in Los Angeles, we have handled many car accident personal injury claims arising from accidents on the 5 Freeway and we are very familiar with this very busy interstate, and how the California Highway Patrol (CPH) and the Collision Investigation Unit (CIU) responds to and investigates accidents.
Our personal injury lawyers have many years of experience and a history of successful case results involving all types of collisions. If you have been seriously injured due to another driver’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional actions, we will help you recover the compensation you deserve for medical care expenses, lost earnings, loss of earning capacity, and pain and suffering. If a family member has been killed in a fatal accident, we can pursue a wrongful death claim for you.
If you hire us, we will use every resource available to maximize your compensation and negotiate the highest possible settlement. We will advocate for your rights so that you can focus on your recovery and healing. Under our contingency fee agreement, there are no upfront fees and we will not charge any legal fees unless we recover money for you. If a fair settlement cannot be promptly reached, we will waste no time in taking your case to trial.
2020 Accidents on the 5 Freeway in Los Angeles County
We hear and read about collisions and crashes in Los Angeles almost daily, throughout the length of I-5, through Santa Fe Springs, Norwalk, Downey, Commerce, Los Angeles, Glendale, Burbank, Santa Clarita, Castaic, and Gorman. Because of the sheer volume of collisions in Southern California, many accidents, including serious injury accidents, do not make the news. Below are some of the Interstate 5 accidents that have been reported in 2020 in L.A:
- February 24, 2020: A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle on the southbound 5 Freeway at the transition to the southbound 710 freeway in East Los Angeles.
- March 24, 2020: Two people were hospitalized following a crash on southbound Interstate 5 near Hasley Canyon Road in Castaic.
- April 26, 2020: Two vehicles went over the side of Interstate 5 in Santa Clarita near the Old Road and Rye Canyon Road, near Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- May 3, 2020: A 39-year-old El Paso man died in a solo-vehicle high-speed motorcycle accident on southbound 5 Freeway, just north of Hasley Canyon Road in Castaic.
- May 23, 2020: A man and woman were tragically killed in a hit-and-run accident involving a Fiat 500 and a Nissan Sentra on southbound Interstate 5 in Downey, at the Paramount Boulevard offramp. A dashcam on another vehicle recorded the accident and the suspect was arrested a short time later.
- June 9, 2020: Two people were injured in a crash on northbound Interstate 5, south of Gorman School Road, in Gorman. Los Angeles County Fire Copter 19 landed on Interstate 5 to transport two patients to a nearby trauma center following the collision.
- July 9, 2020: A man was injured in a crash on Interstate 5 in Burbank when his SUV collided with a forklift.
- August 4, 2020: One person was taken to the hospital after a solo vehicle crash on southbound Interstate 5 near the 14 Freeway.
- August 16, 2020: Three people were taken to the hospital following a minivan rollover crash on southbound Interstate 5 near Gorman Road.
- September 10, 2020: Three people suffered critical injuries in a single-vehicle crash involving a red Scion on northbound Interstate 5, near Smokey Bear Road in Gorman.
- September 16, 2020: A 63-year-old Ventura man was killed in a crash involving a tow truck and a semi-truck on northbound 5 Freeway at Parker Road.
- September 18, 2020: A motorcyclist was hospitalized after a crash on northbound Interstate 5 in the Newhall Pass, north of Highway 14.
- September 25, 2020: At least five motorcycles were involved in a motorcycle accident on Interstate 5 near Lyons Avenue in Newhall.
- September 29, 2020: A 66-year-old Palmdale woman was killed in a multi-vehicle collision on southbound Interstate 5 south, north of Roxford Street, south of the Newhall Pass. The collision involved a Subaru Crosstrek SUV, a Homeland Security vehicle, a semi-truck, a trash truck, and an SUV around 8 AM on September 29th.
- October 4, 2020: A car went over the side of southbound Interstate 5 near Lake Hughes Road in Castaic.
- October 20, 2020: One person was injured in a solo vehicle accident on northbound Interstate 5 near Parker Road in Castaic.
- October 28, 2020: Two people were hospitalized after a truck towing a trailer overturned and caught fire on southbound Interstate 5 near Templin Highway.
- November 10, 2020: One person died in a fatal accident involving a big rig and a motorcycle on northbound Interstate 5 in Commerce.
- November 23, 2020: CBS LA reported a pedestrian was fatally struck on Monday, November 23, 202, on I-5 at Terra Bella Street in the Arleta area around 5 A.M.
- November 24, 2020: A semi-truck hauling a tanker of milk overturned and crushed an SUV on southbound I-5 in Lincoln Heights, resulting in injuries to one person.
- November 26, 2020: A 44-year-old Los Angeles man was killed very early Thanksgiving morning in a solo-vehicle accident on southbound Interstate 5 in Burbank.
- November 27, 2020: A 22-year-old suspected drunk driver allegedly caused a fatal accident while driving his Ford Focus the wrong way on Interstate 5 (driving southbound in northbound lanes) near Castaic. The accident occurred on I-5 northbound, south of Templin Highway. A 24-year-old man died in the crash, and three people were trapped and critically injured.
- December 17, 2020: A tanker truck overturned at about 2:15 AM on northbound Interstate 5 in Sylmar, near the Roxford Street exit. It was not clear if anyone was injured.
If you are involved in a car accident, gather as much information and evidence as you can, including pictures and videos of the accident scene, and witness contact information. You must report the accident to your insurance company under the terms of your insurance policy.
When you call the insurance company, you should provide only the basic facts of the accident. You should not speculate on fault or provide a recorded statement without speaking to an attorney first. Insurance companies will use the recorded statement process to ask leading questions which could devalue your claim. As soon as possible, after your medical needs have been met, contact us to begin protecting your legal rights.
Interstate 5 in Los Angeles
Interstate 5, sometimes also called simply “I-5”, “the five”, or “the 5 freeway,” covers 796 miles in California, from the U.S. Mexico Border at the San Ysidro crossing, up to the California-Oregon border and Siskiyou Summit, before continuing all the way north to the U.S. Canada border. Nearly 60% of Interstate 5 is in California. In Los Angeles, the second-largest city in the country, Interstate 5 is the main north-south artery through the city. Points of interest along Interstate 5 in Los Angeles County include the Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles Zoo, Burbank Airport, and Six Flags Magic Mountain.
In LA, from the Interstate 5/Interstate 405 split in Orange County to to the East Los Angeles Interchange (convergence of Interstate 5, Interstate 10, Route 101 and State Route 60), I-5 is called the Santa Ana Freeway. From The East Los Angeles Interchange up to State Route 99 south of Tracy, I-5 is called the Golden State Freeway.
If you are injured in a collison on the 5 freeway in LA, contact Adamson Ahdoot, LLP, to arrange a consultation to discuss your legal rights.
Causes of Interstate 5 Accidents in Los Angeles
Many accidents that occur are entirely preventable and can be attributed to decisions that a driver makes behind the wheel. Some of the common causes attributed to Interstate 5 accidents in Los Angeles include:
- Distracted driving
- Disoriented elderly drivers
- Not anticipating sudden stops in traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Swerving to avoid object or debris
- Loss of control due to tire blowout
- Aggressive driving/road rage
- Driving too fast for weather conditions.
Even the most cautious driver can be involved in an accident. In many collisions, the damage itself tells the story of what happened. This can be more powerful than a witness statement, but evidence and damage must be preserved. For example, the tire marks left on the pavement at a collision scene can be used to calculate pre-collision speed. Within a short time, these skid marks are gone, If you contact a lawyer soon following an accident, they can arrange an independent investigation into the cause of your accident.
Common Injuries in Interstate 5 Accidents
Interstate 5 is a freeway, although it is sometimes referred to as “L.A.’s biggest parking lot” due to the severe congestion during rush hours. Many of the collisions that occur on I-5 occur at highway speeds. We know that whenever speeds are higher, injuries are potentially much more severe. A UC Berkeley study found that when crashes occur, for every 1 percent increase in speed, the chance of serious injury increases by 3 percent, and the chance of a fatality increases by about 4 percent. If you were involved in a crash on Interstate 5 in Los Angeles, you are not alone. An estimated 230,000 vehicles travel on Interstate 5 every day, and many are involved in crashes. Some of the common injuries resulting from Interstate 5 accidents in Los Angeles include:
- Whiplash injuries
- Chest injuries
- Broken bone injuries
- Injuries to arms and legs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Strains and sprains.
When an accident is caused by the negligence of another party, they may be liable for medical bills, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. The liable party could be another driver, the driver’s employer, a commercial vehicle operator, or even the agency responsible for the design and maintenance of the interstate. In California, it is possible for multiple parties in a crash to be responsible, and it is very common for insurance companies to place the burden of establishing liability on the other party.
What To Do Following an Interstate 5 Injury Accident in Los Angeles
If you are injured in a collision in Los Angeles, getting medical attention promptly is critical. Do not take a “wait and see if I need it” approach to getting treatment. Seeing a doctor promptly will ensure you get the care you need, and your injuries from your accident can be documented. If your medical care provider recommends you see a specialist or get imaging scans done, it is essential for your claim that you follow-through with recommendations. If you pursue a personal injury claim, your medical record documenting your injuries is an important part of your claim.
What is a Boutique Law Firm?
A boutique law firm is a firm that specializes in a specific area of law. Unlike general practice firms, a boutique law firm focuses on a specific area of law. Unlike mass settlement firms, a boutique firm limits the number of cases it takes on so that each case and client can receive the attention and time necessary to achieve the best result. At Adamson Ahdoot, LLP, we exclusively handle personal injury cases. Our attorneys provide personalized representation to our clients and focus on getting the maximum compensation available. Our attorneys are top-rated, award-winning advocates. When you hire us, you are hiring the best and most qualified lawyers to represent you.
Get a Free Consultation For Your Interstate 5 Accident Personal Injury Claim
If you or a family member has been involved in an Interstate 5 accident in Los Angeles, you are well-advised to promptly contact a skilled and reputable personal injury lawyer. The experienced and knowledgeable Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Adamson Ahdoot, LLP offer a free consultation to answer your questions and discuss your legal rights. We are available 24/7 to take your call and schedule your free phone or video case evaluation.